About the course:
This is a 2 hour, online webinar workshop designed to provide an introduction to the neurobiology of trauma and how trauma-sensitive yoga in particular, can support a trauma recovery journey.
Neurobiology has much to teach us about the experiences of trauma survivors in the aftermath of trauma. In fact, some of the prominent researchers in psychological trauma refer to trauma as a brain injury. Trauma-sensitive yoga applied with this knowledge has immense power to not only validate the experiences of trauma survivors, but to also uniquely and effectively support the healing journey of trauma survivors. In this webinar workshop we will learn about:
- The effects of trauma on the brain, and how this tragically affects the day to day life of trauma survivors.
- The therapeutic yoga protocol we have seen work most effectively with this knowledge.
- Step by step guide to how you can use trauma-sensitive yoga, through a neurobiological lens, to effectively support trauma survivors on a recovery journey.
This is a course for trauma survivors, yoga students and aspiring trauma-sensitive yoga facilitators of any level, who would like to deepen their knowledge in this area. Beginners are welcome! It is both an educational and practically personal course.
NB: all my email subscribers receive 5% off their first order, claim yours here: https://candiceclark.co.za/shop/
Testimonials about this webinar workshop:
- “I most enjoyed learning how trauma affects parts of the brain and thus behaviour and addiction.”
- “I loved the brain scans and how it showed how trauma can impact the brain.”
- “This has reignited my love and passion for this incredible work!”
- “This was SUPER interesting, thank you!”
- “Thank you for your kind, clear and knowledgable sharing.”
Purchase this course to receive 8 weeks access to the recording PLUS an attendance certificate (should you require it for CPD application purposes or otherwise)! Once purchased you will receive a personal details form (including liability waiver) that you’ll need to complete to receive access.
About your host:
Cands is a licensed counsellor and yoga therapist that that specialises in trauma and mental health. She has worked with numerous individuals and on group therapy programs in South Africa and internationally, supporting the recovery from psychological trauma. Through these professional experiences and advanced academic training, Cands has in-depth knowledge of trauma, trauma recovery theory and just how nervous system informed approaches can powerfully support trauma recovery. She can’t wait to teach you what she knows, and support you on your learning journey!
Ts & Cs:
By purchasing this you are agreeing to the following terms.
- This webinar workshop is for your individual personal use, and therefore copying, distribution or otherwise sharing of the recording is not permitted.
- The recording is only available for 8 weeks.
- Please mail us once completed for a copy of your attendance certificate.
- No refund or credit note is provided if you exit the webinar workshop or do not attend or complete the webinar workshop.