About the course:
This is a 8 week yoga class course centred on the key elements of the polyvagal theory. Trauma can be a highly disruptive, devastating experience. It can cause us to socially isolate, withdraw and lose connection to things we loved and found joy in. Polyvagal theory provides fascinating insights into trauma recovery and how we might begin to heal and restore these important connections. It can allow us to start nurturing joy, adventure, fun, hope, peace and importantly – connection – again.
In this 8 week yoga class course, we will learn about the key elements of polyvagal theory as well as related, proven somatic therapy techniques, and how we can use our yoga practice to nurture them into being. This is a course for yoga practitioners of any level, who would like to learn about polyvagal theory and how their yoga practice can support their healing journey. It is both an educational and practically personal course. NB: all my email subscribers receive 5% off their first order, claim yours here: https://candiceclark.co.za/shop/
We will be moving gently, carefully and there is no expectation for you to partake in every movement. Trauma recovery is also choosing what feels most nourishing to you. You are more than welcome to opt out at any stage, and simply observe. This will be done via 8 x 1 hour yoga class with clear therapeutic focus and related educational content. Beginners in yoga are welcome!
RSVP: Purchase this course to join us. Once booked you will receive a personal details form that you’ll need to complete to attend, as well as the recordings access.
Testimonials about this course:
- “Cands has a gentle way of guiding and teaching and I loved how I was able to regulate and relax into my body without pressure or forcing. Mentally so peaceful after classes. Thank you.”
- “I most enjoyed the slow and gentle movements.”
- “This program helped me to destress, relax and ground myself and just generally learn more about how my body stores stress and how gentle movement can restore.”
About your host:
Cands is a licensed counsellor and yoga therapist that specializes in trauma. She has worked with many, many individuals one on one and in group therapy programs looking to recover from traumatic experiences and post-traumatic stress. Through these professional experiences and advanced academic training, Cands has in-depth knowledge of trauma, trauma recovery theory and just how yoga can powerfully support trauma recovery. She can’t wait to teach you what she knows, and support you on your healing journey!
Ts & Cs:
By purchasing this course you are agreeing to the following terms.
- This workshop is for your individual personal use, and therefore copying, distribution or otherwise sharing of the recordings are not permitted.
- The recordings are only available for the duration of the course (8 weeks).
- The product is not eligible for a refund or exchange.