About the course:
This is a 2 hour, online webinar workshop where we will be providing an introduction to trauma, trauma recovery theory and effective, nervous system informed trauma counseling. It is our hope that you will leave with new knowledge and tools that you can use in your counselling practice right away.
Trauma is unfortunately a very real experience for the majority of individuals navigating modern day life. It can be an incredibly debilitating experience, leaving trauma survivors with a sense of deep fear, dread of future related experiences, and grief over losses related to the trauma. Trauma survivors often report feeling out of control, incredibly anxious, and that trauma triggers and related mental health challenges cause significant disruptions to their day to day life. Fortunately there is hope. Effective trauma counselling can support trauma survivors in their healing journey and in regaining a sense of control and peace again. Trauma counselling that is anchored in nervous system awareness, and a counselling process that nurtures safety, agency and hope can be incredibly empowering – and very often, life changing – for trauma survivors.
This is a course for all mental health professionals, as well as the simply curious are welcome to join us. Beginners welcome! NB: all my email subscribers receive 5% off their first order, claim yours here: https://candiceclark.co.za/shop/
Testimonials about our previous webinar workshop on this topic:
- “The pace of this session was incredible and allowed for an optimal learning experience.”
- “I enjoyed learning about looking out for signs and signals from a client.”
- “I appreciated the practical element and how it was balanced with theory.”
- “Enjoyed it all, learnt a lot in a short space of time!”
- “Clear explanations on complex traumatic behaviour.”
- “I most enjoyed the section on the traumatised brain.”
- “I loved the excellent content and the calm manner in which Cands delivers it.”
Purchase this course to receive 8 weeks access to the recording PLUS an attendance certificate (should you require it for CPD application purposes or otherwise)! Once purchased you will receive a personal details form (including liability waiver) that you’ll need to complete to receive access.
About your host:
Cands is a licensed counsellor and yoga therapist that that specialises in trauma and mental health. She has worked with numerous individuals and on group therapy programs in South Africa and internationally, supporting the recovery from psychological trauma. Through these professional experiences and advanced academic training, Cands has in-depth knowledge of trauma, trauma recovery theory and just how nervous system informed approaches can powerfully support trauma recovery. She can’t wait to teach you what she knows, and support you on your learning journey!
Ts & Cs:
By purchasing this you are agreeing to the following terms.
- This webinar workshop is for your individual personal use, and therefore copying, distribution or otherwise sharing of the recording is not permitted.
- The recording is only available for 8 weeks.
- Please mail us once completed for a copy of your attendance certificate.
- No refund or credit note is provided if you exit the course or do not attend or complete the course.