About the course:
This is a 2 hour, online webinar workshop where we will be providing an introduction to attachment theory and how we can start to leverage our yoga practice to support our experience of reparenting ourselves. Many of us my have experienced direct abuse and physical neglect as children, and many of us may have experienced emotional neglect and parents that struggled with their own mental health challenges. These experiences do not leave us unscathed, and it can be incredibly comforting to acknowledge this, and start the process of healing attachment wounds. To live in the world in a way that we start to feel more secure, calm and non-anxious is freeing.
Importantly, the lens through which this workshop will be delivered is that:
- All humans exist on a continuum of attachment styles. We deeply value the uniqueness of each individual and their lived experiences. We avoid absolutes in terms of attachment style categories.
- While direct physical abuse can seem like an obvious attachment wound, no childhood nor parent is perfect and we believe that all of us can experience comfort and healing in understanding attachment theory.
- Humans are dynamic and capable of profound change, and we believe that growing into a more secure attachment style through appropriate, evidence-based therapeutic modalities is possible.
All individuals that resonate with the content in their individual and / or professional capacity are welcome to join us. Beginners are welcome! It is both an educational and practically personal course. NB: all my email subscribers receive 5% off their first order, claim yours here: https://candiceclark.co.za/shop/
Testimonials about this webinar workshop:
- “I loved how knowledgeable Cands was. She is confident and believes in the research and her experiences. With the slides, and the presentation, examples etc it felt like I received an incredible university level lecture.”
- “Very interesting and well-presented!”
- “The material was made accessible, which is superb given the scope of what needed to be condensed into the timeframe. I also appreciated that it was not rushed, and that questions were taken and responded to throughout.”
- “I loved the detailed science behind our nervous system reactions. Also tips on holding space online specifically.”
- “You were brilliant. Your knowledge was top notch. Really really enjoyed this webinar.”
- “Clear delivery and explanation of Attachment Theory and how it connects with various aspects human development.”
- “Thank you so much for all your generous knowledge sharing!”
Purchase this workshop to receive 8 weeks access to the recording PLUS an attendance certificate (should you require it for CPD application purposes or otherwise)! Once purchased you will receive a personal details form (including liability waiver) that you’ll need to complete to receive access.
About your host:
Cands is a licensed counsellor and yoga therapist that that specialises in trauma and mental health. She has worked with numerous individuals and on group therapy programs in South Africa and internationally, supporting the recovery from psychological trauma. Through these professional experiences and advanced academic training, Cands has in-depth knowledge of trauma, trauma recovery theory and just how nervous system informed approaches can powerfully support trauma recovery. She can’t wait to teach you what she knows, and support you on your learning journey!
Ts & Cs:
By purchasing this you are agreeing to the following terms.
- This webinar workshop is for your individual personal use, and therefore copying, distribution or otherwise sharing of the recording is not permitted.
- The recording is only available for 8 weeks.
- Please mail us once completed for a copy of your attendance certificate.
- No refund or credit note is provided if you exit the course or do not attend or complete the course.