About the course:
This is 2 hour, online webinar workshop where we will be providing an introduction to somatic counselling interventions, and accessible, effective and proven tools that you are able to use right away in your practice. This will be a live theory and practical class (via the Zoom app). Further program info and relevant links will be provided on email. All mental health professionals, as well as the simply curious are welcome to join us. Beginners welcome!
Breathwork and gentle somatic movement can be incredibly powerful and effective interventions within counselling. Trauma survivors in particular often find themselves struggling with nervous system regulation and a decrease in activity in the prefrontal cortex. This can mean the benefits of traditional counselling and talk therapy are severely hampered in these individuals. To support your clients in accessing the full benefits of counselling, bringing the body back into counselling approaches and interventions is important. Academic and anecdotal evidence is growing in this area.
This is a course for all mental health professionals, as well as the simply curious are welcome to join us. Beginners welcome! NB: all my email subscribers receive 5% off their first order, claim yours here: https://candiceclark.co.za/shop/
Testimonials about this webinar workshop:
- “I most enjoyed Candice’s expertise in the subject matter and her willingness to engage with her audience.”
- “I love that I’m able to take these practices to not only help myself but to educate and help others out in the world.”
- “It was informative and easy to understand.”
- “I really enjoyed the practical information shared by the facilitator,”
- “I cannot think of anything I would change. It was well prepared and the speaker knowledgeable about her topic.”
Purchase this course to receive 8 weeks access to the recording PLUS an attendance certificate (should you require it for CPD application purposes or otherwise)! Once purchased you will receive a personal details form (including liability waiver) that you’ll need to complete to receive access.
About your host:
Cands is a licensed counsellor and yoga therapist that specializes in trauma and mental health. She has worked with many, many individuals one on one and in group therapy programs looking to recover from traumatic experiences and post-traumatic stress. Through these professional experiences and advanced academic training, Cands has in-depth knowledge of trauma, trauma recovery theory and just how yoga can powerfully support trauma recovery. She can’t wait to teach you what she knows, and support you on your healing journey!
Ts & Cs:
By purchasing this you are agreeing to the following terms.
- This webinar workshop is for your individual personal use, and therefore copying, distribution or otherwise sharing of the recording is not permitted.
- The recording is only available for 8 weeks.
- Please mail us once completed for a copy of your attendance certificate.
- No refund or credit note is provided if you exit the course or do not attend or complete the course.